- Hydro 2015 International Conference and Exhibition will take place at Bordeaux Convention Centre 26-28 October 2015, (France)
- ICOLD Annual Meeting & Congress, June 2015, (Norway)
- The 7th International Symposium on ROLLER COMPACTED CONCRETE (RCC) Dams, September 24-25, 2015, Chengdu (China)
- Sancold Annual Conference 2015, 1-3 September 2015
- 10th Edition of the Spanish Technical Meetings on Dams, 18-20 February 2015
- 1st International Seminar on Dam Protection against overtopping and Accidental Leakage, 24-26 November 2014, Madrid, (Spain)
- 2014 ANCOLD Conference, 21-22 October 2014, Canberra (Australia)
- HYDRO 2014, International Conference and Exhibition, 13-15 October 2014
- CDA Annual Conference, 4-5 October 2014, Banff (Alberta-Canada)
- 22nd ICID Congress and 65th IEC Meeting, 14-20 September 2014, Gwangju (Korea)
- 82nd Annual Meeting, June 1st-6th 2014, Bali, (Indonesia)
- ICID and ICOLD Presidents write to World Bank President
- Fifth International Conference on Water Resources and Hydropower Development in Asia, 11-13 March 2014, Colombo (Sri Lanka)
- Tehri dam held raging Ganga and saved lives, July 23rd
- R.I.P. Nelson Mandela (07/12/2013)
- Africa 2013 Report, May 21st
- Construction of Belo Monte resumes, 1st Sept 2012
- Infrastructure for green energy, 30 May 2012
- The 6th WWF, 12-17 March 2012, Marseille (France)
- The WCD question ,16 March 2012, Marseille (France)
- ICOLD President met IHA President, May 2011
- China-Africa : successful workshop and tour, November 2010
- SANCOLD Conference, 5-7 November 2013
- Hydropower 2013, CHINCOLD 2013 Annual Meeting and the 3rd International Symposium on Rockfill Dams, 1-3 November 2013
- 20th Anniversary of SLOCOLD, International Symposium, 16th October 2013, Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- Annual CDA Conference & Exhibition, October 5-10, 2013, Montréal (Quebec, Canada)
- 81th ICOLD Annual Meeting, 12-16 August 2013, Seattle (USA)
- International Conference and Exhibition Africa,16-18 April 2013
- 9th ICOLD European Club Symposium, April 10-12 2013, Venice (Italy)
- Africa 2013: Water Storage and Hydropower Development for Africa, April 8
- After the floods, from Red Cross to heads of state, a general call for more dams, November 12th
- 6th International Symposium on Roller Compacted Concrete (RCC) Dams, October 23-25, 2012, Zaragoza (Spain)
- 24th ICOLD Congress, June,6-8th 2012, Kyoto (Japan)
- Invitation to the First International Conference on Dams and Hydropower in Iran
- 2nd International Symposium on Rockfill Dams, October 25-28 2011, Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
- Practical Solutions for a Sustainable Future, October 17-19, 2011, Prague (Czech Republic)
- International Symposium on "Modern Technologies and Long-term Behavior of Dams", September 27-29 2011, Zhengzhou (China)
- Hydrovision Brazil, September 20-22, 2011, Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
- 79th Annual Meeting, 29 May-3 June 2011, Lucerne (Switzerland)
- Hydrovision International, July 19-22, 2011, Sacramento (USA)
- ICOLD's new homepage
- 25th ICID European Regional Conference, 16-20 May, 2011, Groningen (Netherlands)
World Register of Dams / Registre Mondial des Barrages
Buy an access to the online World Register of Dams for 3years.
The WRD is the best available data basis on dams in the world and we are constantly striving to better it.
Bulletin 151Tropical residual soils as dam foundation and fill material
Bulletin 154Dam safety management: Operational phase of the dam life cycle
Bulletin 164Internal Erosion of Existing Dams, Levees and Dikes, and their Foundations
Package Bulletins 2016
Bulletins' Package: 2016
- Bulletin 146
- Bulletin 148
- Bulletin 157
- Bulletin 166
Bulletin 168Recommendations for Operation, Maintenance and Rehabilitation
Bulletin Preprint - 172
Technical Advancements in Spillway Design - Progress and Innovations from 1985 to 2015
14th International Benchmark Workshop on Numerical Analysis of Dams
6 - 8 September 2017
LTBD 2017 in Tehran
"Long-Term Behavior and Environmentally Friendly Rehabilitation Technologies of Dams (LTBD 2017)"
17 – 19 October 2017
26th Congress & 86th ICOLD Annual Meeting
1 - 7 July 2018
The international conference jointly organized by Aqua Media International (Hydropower & Dams), ICOLD (International Commission on Large Dams and EEPCO (Ethiopian Electrical Power Company) was a resounding success.
More than 600 participants from 67 countries gathered in the African Union Congress Centre in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, from 16 to 18 April. They celebrated the fact that hydropower and water resources development has reached a major turning point across the African continent; Ethiopia was clearly the ideal hosting country for the conference, since it leads the way in dams development. The country which, 2 decades ago was among the poorest in Africa, torn with war and misery, is now a booming economy with many construction projects going on. The country which had the lowest water storage capacity per capita in the 90s has now built tools for development.
But Ethiopia is not an isolated case: the Conference presented many dams projects in the Centre, West and South of the African Continent.
The 44 000 MW Inga project planned in the Democratic Republic of Congo was of course at the centre of discussions. But projects of all size were presented and discussed during the parallel sessions.
The conference was opened by two Deputy prime ministers from Ethiopia, H.E. Demeke Mekonnen and H.E. Dr Debretsion Gebremichael,
H.E. Prof Mamounata Belem Ouedraograogo, Min of Water Resources, Hydraulic Infrastructure and Sanitation of Burkina Faso, ICOLD President Adama Nombre and Ato Miheret Debebe, CEO of EEPCo
After the official declarations, three days of presentations ensued, during which African experts in finance, economics, planning, environment, climate and regional development, were able to exchange their experience with their colleagues from the four other continents on a diversity of questions relevant to future or ongoing water storage development projects.
It should be noted that during the three days of the conference, an international exhibition gathered 70 exhibitors which were able to present innovative technologies for dams construction.
Around 70 delegates participated to the post-conference Study Tour to Gibe II and III dams, organized by EEPCo.
During the closing plenary session, Alison Bartle, editor of Hydropower&Dams announced : “The enthusiasm and feedback from this conference has been so great that we plan that this conference will be the start of a new biennial series of regional events in Africa.” ICOLD Secretary General Michel de Vivo and ICOLD President heartily welcomed that announcement and declared that ICOLD will continue to partner with Aqua Media to organize these regional events.
A more detailed report appears on Hydropower & Dams website and a full overview of the conference will appear in Hydropower & Dams.
Tags : Events