World Register of Dams / Registre Mondial des Barrages
Buy an access to the online World Register of Dams for 3years.
The WRD is the best available data basis on dams in the world and we are constantly striving to better it.
Bulletin 151Tropical residual soils as dam foundation and fill material
Bulletin 154Dam safety management: Operational phase of the dam life cycle
Bulletin 164Internal Erosion of Existing Dams, Levees and Dikes, and their Foundations
Package Bulletins 2016
Bulletins' Package: 2016
- Bulletin 146
- Bulletin 148
- Bulletin 157
- Bulletin 166
Bulletin 168Recommendations for Operation, Maintenance and Rehabilitation
Bulletin Preprint - 172
Technical Advancements in Spillway Design - Progress and Innovations from 1985 to 2015
14th International Benchmark Workshop on Numerical Analysis of Dams
6 - 8 September 2017
LTBD 2017 in Tehran
"Long-Term Behavior and Environmentally Friendly Rehabilitation Technologies of Dams (LTBD 2017)"
17 – 19 October 2017
26th Congress & 86th ICOLD Annual Meeting
1 - 7 July 2018
The Local Organizing Committee, on behalf of the Swedish National Committee of ICOLD (SwedCold) and the ICOLD Committee on Computational Aspects of Dam Analysis and Design, has the pleasure to invite you to the 14th ICOLD International Benchmark Workshop on Numerical Analysis of Dams. The Benchmark Workshop will be held from the 6th to the 8th September 2017 in Stockholm, the capital of Sweden. It will be hosted by KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and one of Europe’s leading technical universities. With respect to hydropower and dam engineering, KTH has for many years been active within of the Swedish hydropower Center (SVC), a key centre for research and educational activities in Sweden.
On behalf of the Austrian national Committee on Large Dams, it is my great honor to invite you to the 26th ICOLD World Congress in combination with the 86th ICOLD Annual Meeting and the ATCOLD Symposium Hydro Engineering, to be held in Vienna, Austria, in 2018.
The conference program will include interesting study tours to high-head pumped storage plants, run-of-river plants and excellent examples of Austrian dams at high elevation in the Alps.
The cultural program for participants and accompanying persons will comprise musical performances and excursions to some of Austria’s most impressive sites.
Participants in 2018’s ICOLD Congress can take advantage of the event’s special location and enjoy Austria’s renowned hospitality, cultural heritage and landscape. Vienna is a pleasant and safe city with outstanding conference facilities as well as comfortable international travel connections and a well-developed local transportation network.
A great number of national institutions, the dam owners and the members of ATCOLD are eager to contribute to ICOLD, supporting the Congress in Vienna. Together our aim is a productive coming together for our community based on hospitality and friendship.
We look forward to welcoming you in Vienna.
Gerald Zenz, President
Austrian National Committee on Large Dams
Find more infos on the dedicated website here.
Tags : Events
4th Asia-Pacific Group Symposium & 9th East Asian Area Dam Conference
Date: September 25th~30th, 2016
Place: The Royton Sapporo, Japan
Main Theme: Innovative Technologies for Dams and Reservoirs Toward the Future Generations
EADC and APG Joint Symposium served as a catalyst to strengthen international cooperation on the advancement of dam engineering and business society in Asia-Pacific Area.
President Kyung-Taek Yum [APG]
- Open for single authors or teams
- 1500 Euros
- Free access to the Congress
Different kind of innovations are accepted, both scientific and technical contributions as:
- New solutions
- New methods for construction
- New materials
- New environmental friendly approaches
- L. LIA President ICOLD Innovation Award
- A. CHRAIBI Vice President Africa
- M. ROGERS Vice President America
- M. LINO Vice President Europe
- Z. JIANPING Vice President Asia-Pacific
- Reports must be submitted by the candidates to Central Office
- before 15 Oct 2017
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- by mail to ICOLD Central Office, 61 avenue Kléber 75116 Paris France
- The name and address of author(s) must be clearly indicated
- The title of the report must start by "ICOLD Innovation Award 2018"
- A guideline for the preparation of the report is available here
- before 31 Jan 2018
- At Vienna Congress in July 2018
Tags : Events
Publishing is one of the main activities of ICOLD. On this page, you can buy our many different publications.
Tags : Events
Registration is Open
You can register for Prague 2017
Vous pouvez vous enregistrer pour Prague 2017
The 85th Annual Meeting is approaching very fast.
This one week event will take place in Prague, Czech Republic, 3 - 7 July 2017
La 85ème Réunion Annuelle de la CIGB arrive à grand pas.
Cette évènement d'une semaine se déroulera à Prague, en République Tchèque, du 3 au 7 Juillet 2017.
During this week, you will meet high level experts of the Dams Professions, around meetings, technical workshops, the Symposium, as well as interesting pre & study tours.
Durant cette semaine, vous pourrez rencontrer des experts de hauts niveaux dans le domaine des barrages, autour de réunions diverses, d'ateliers techniques, du symposium, mais également lors des tournées d'études post & pré réunion.
The main theme of the Symposium will be: / Le sujet du Symposium sera :
"Knowledge based Dam Engineering" / "De l’Ingénierie des Barrages Basée sur la Connaissance"
The topics will be: / Les sujets seront (en anglais seulement) :
1. Investigation and application of advanced materials, technologies and solutions in dam engineering
2. Enhancements in dam surveillance systems for dam safety and site security
3. Uncertainties and risk-informed decision making in dam design, construction and operation
4. Balancing technical, socio-economic and environmental aspects of dam engineering
5. Advancements in analysis and design within flood protection reservoirs, levees and tailing dams
6. Recent improvements and modern applications in reservoir and catchment management
7. Design and operational considerations of global climate change, regional droughts and other extreme events
8. Assessment of aging dams considering remaining service life and decommissioning
9. Hydro-electro-mechanical equipment of dams
(information about the Venue, the Programme, the City, ....)
(Information sur la Destination, le Programme, la ville,...)
(you will need to create an account)
(La création d'un compte est nécessaire)
Tags : Events