On behalf of the Austrian national Committee on Large Dams, it is my great honor to invite you to the 26th ICOLD World Congress in combination with the 86th ICOLD Annual Meeting and the ATCOLD Symposium Hydro Engineering, to be held in Vienna, Austria, in 2018.
The conference program will include interesting study tours to high-head pumped storage plants, run-of-river plants and excellent examples of Austrian dams at high elevation in the Alps.
The cultural program for participants and accompanying persons will comprise musical performances and excursions to some of Austria’s most impressive sites.
Participants in 2018’s ICOLD Congress can take advantage of the event’s special location and enjoy Austria’s renowned hospitality, cultural heritage and landscape. Vienna is a pleasant and safe city with outstanding conference facilities as well as comfortable international travel connections and a well-developed local transportation network.
A great number of national institutions, the dam owners and the members of ATCOLD are eager to contribute to ICOLD, supporting the Congress in Vienna. Together our aim is a productive coming together for our community based on hospitality and friendship.
We look forward to welcoming you in Vienna.
Gerald Zenz, President
Austrian National Committee on Large Dams
Find more infos on the dedicated website here.
Tags : Events
4th Asia-Pacific Group Symposium & 9th East Asian Area Dam Conference
Date: September 25th~30th, 2016
Place: The Royton Sapporo, Japan
Main Theme: Innovative Technologies for Dams and Reservoirs Toward the Future Generations
EADC and APG Joint Symposium served as a catalyst to strengthen international cooperation on the advancement of dam engineering and business society in Asia-Pacific Area.
President Kyung-Taek Yum [APG]
- Open for single authors or teams
- 1500 Euros
- Free access to the Congress
Different kind of innovations are accepted, both scientific and technical contributions as:
- New solutions
- New methods for construction
- New materials
- New environmental friendly approaches
- L. LIA President ICOLD Innovation Award
- A. CHRAIBI Vice President Africa
- M. ROGERS Vice President America
- M. LINO Vice President Europe
- Z. JIANPING Vice President Asia-Pacific
- Reports must be submitted by the candidates to Central Office
- before 15 Oct 2017
- by email to email@example.com
- by mail to ICOLD Central Office, 61 avenue Kléber 75116 Paris France
- The name and address of author(s) must be clearly indicated
- The title of the report must start by "ICOLD Innovation Award 2018"
- A guideline for the preparation of the report is available here
- before 31 Jan 2018
- At Vienna Congress in July 2018
Tags : Events
Publishing is one of the main activities of ICOLD. On this page, you can buy our many different publications.
Tags : Events