- Hydro 2015 International Conference and Exhibition will take place at Bordeaux Convention Centre 26-28 October 2015, (France)
- ICOLD Annual Meeting & Congress, June 2015, (Norway)
- The 7th International Symposium on ROLLER COMPACTED CONCRETE (RCC) Dams, September 24-25, 2015, Chengdu (China)
- Sancold Annual Conference 2015, 1-3 September 2015
- 10th Edition of the Spanish Technical Meetings on Dams, 18-20 February 2015
- 1st International Seminar on Dam Protection against overtopping and Accidental Leakage, 24-26 November 2014, Madrid, (Spain)
- 2014 ANCOLD Conference, 21-22 October 2014, Canberra (Australia)
- HYDRO 2014, International Conference and Exhibition, 13-15 October 2014
- CDA Annual Conference, 4-5 October 2014, Banff (Alberta-Canada)
- 22nd ICID Congress and 65th IEC Meeting, 14-20 September 2014, Gwangju (Korea)
- 82nd Annual Meeting, June 1st-6th 2014, Bali, (Indonesia)
- ICID and ICOLD Presidents write to World Bank President
- Fifth International Conference on Water Resources and Hydropower Development in Asia, 11-13 March 2014, Colombo (Sri Lanka)
- Tehri dam held raging Ganga and saved lives, July 23rd
- R.I.P. Nelson Mandela (07/12/2013)
- Africa 2013 Report, May 21st
- Construction of Belo Monte resumes, 1st Sept 2012
- Infrastructure for green energy, 30 May 2012
- The 6th WWF, 12-17 March 2012, Marseille (France)
- The WCD question ,16 March 2012, Marseille (France)
- ICOLD President met IHA President, May 2011
- China-Africa : successful workshop and tour, November 2010
- SANCOLD Conference, 5-7 November 2013
- Hydropower 2013, CHINCOLD 2013 Annual Meeting and the 3rd International Symposium on Rockfill Dams, 1-3 November 2013
- 20th Anniversary of SLOCOLD, International Symposium, 16th October 2013, Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- Annual CDA Conference & Exhibition, October 5-10, 2013, Montréal (Quebec, Canada)
- 81th ICOLD Annual Meeting, 12-16 August 2013, Seattle (USA)
- International Conference and Exhibition Africa,16-18 April 2013
- 9th ICOLD European Club Symposium, April 10-12 2013, Venice (Italy)
- Africa 2013: Water Storage and Hydropower Development for Africa, April 8
- After the floods, from Red Cross to heads of state, a general call for more dams, November 12th
- 6th International Symposium on Roller Compacted Concrete (RCC) Dams, October 23-25, 2012, Zaragoza (Spain)
- 24th ICOLD Congress, June,6-8th 2012, Kyoto (Japan)
- Invitation to the First International Conference on Dams and Hydropower in Iran
- 2nd International Symposium on Rockfill Dams, October 25-28 2011, Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
- Practical Solutions for a Sustainable Future, October 17-19, 2011, Prague (Czech Republic)
- International Symposium on "Modern Technologies and Long-term Behavior of Dams", September 27-29 2011, Zhengzhou (China)
- Hydrovision Brazil, September 20-22, 2011, Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
- 79th Annual Meeting, 29 May-3 June 2011, Lucerne (Switzerland)
- Hydrovision International, July 19-22, 2011, Sacramento (USA)
- ICOLD's new homepage
- 25th ICID European Regional Conference, 16-20 May, 2011, Groningen (Netherlands)
World Register of Dams / Registre Mondial des Barrages
Buy an access to the online World Register of Dams for 3years.
The WRD is the best available data basis on dams in the world and we are constantly striving to better it.
Bulletin 151Tropical residual soils as dam foundation and fill material
Bulletin 154Dam safety management: Operational phase of the dam life cycle
Bulletin 164Internal Erosion of Existing Dams, Levees and Dikes, and their Foundations
Package Bulletins 2016
Bulletins' Package: 2016
- Bulletin 146
- Bulletin 148
- Bulletin 157
- Bulletin 166
Bulletin 168Recommendations for Operation, Maintenance and Rehabilitation
Bulletin Preprint - 172
Technical Advancements in Spillway Design - Progress and Innovations from 1985 to 2015
14th International Benchmark Workshop on Numerical Analysis of Dams
6 - 8 September 2017
LTBD 2017 in Tehran
"Long-Term Behavior and Environmentally Friendly Rehabilitation Technologies of Dams (LTBD 2017)"
17 – 19 October 2017
26th Congress & 86th ICOLD Annual Meeting
1 - 7 July 2018
Integrated water management for multiple land use in flat coastal areas 16-20 May 2011 Groningen, the Netherlands.
Coastal areas are of strategic importance for integrated water management for multiple land use, such as food production, urban and industrial areas, recreation and nature conservation. In these geographical areas water management is related to flood risk management, land reclamation, rural reconstruction, salt water intrusion and habitat conservation. The institutional settings for water management are also important prerequisites for success. In Europe the complex requirements in order to comply with the various relevant eu Directives, notably the Water Frame Work Directive and the Flood Directive, have become an important policy issue. The implementation process has begun.
25th ICID European Regional Conference Program
The three days of the congress cover the theme in full breadth and depth. The program offers a mix of Key Note speeches, paper presentations, session workshops, excursions and debate panel sessions. The program is surrounded by an interactive forum foyer with media, information, presentation units of conference partners and various social events.
Paper Sessions & various perspectives
After lunch the first two days and in the morning at Thursday of the conference parallel paper sessions will highlight the conference program. Session speakers will present their subject in the context of universal understanding that the icid European Regional Conference offers. Results of research, illustrative examples and case studies are included showing approaches from various perspectives. Paper Sessions are set up according to the specific conference subtopics:
Topic I. Multiple land-use
Integrated water management for multiple land use in flat, low lying coastal areas. Under this topic papers are invited that present developments with respect to land use planning and changes in land use in densely populated coastal areas. Issues at stake are for example policy approaches, design standards, combination or separation of functions, people participation, etc.
Topic II. Fresh water management and salt intrusion.
In coastal areas fresh water/saline water interactions and their consequences for ecology and water quality generally play an important role in coastal zone management. In several countries special provisions have been taken to harmonise and control such developments, like Haringvliet and Lake IJssel in the Netherlands, Venice lagoon, Italy, St. Petersburg, Russia. Under this topic papers are invited that present such cases with a focus on the solutions that have been selected and the management and monitoring of the developments in such areas.
Topic III. Flood risk management
Flood risk management in flat coastal areas under the influence of changes in land use, possible increase in storm surges, subsidence and impacts of climatic change, as well as the role of ecology and habitats. Under this topic papers are invited that present the interaction between flood management and land use under changing conditions. Special attention has to be paid to the comparison of alternative solutions, structural and non-structural approaches, design standards and operation and maintenance aspects.
Topic IV. Institutional arrangements and history
Institutional arrangements for water management and flood protection, such as water boards, and the role of central government, provinces, communities and non-governmental organisations e.g. in the framework of Integrated Coastal Zone Management (iczm). The role of legal arrangements, such as the European Directives (Water Frame Work Directive and Flood Directive). The importance of Historical perspectives for developments in flat coastal areas. Results of the discussion will be used as input to the 6th World Water Forum, 16-20 March 2012, Marseille, France.
- More information can be found on the dedicated website:
Tags : Events